- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
- Wrongful Death
Southern Methodist School of Law, 2004
B.A. magna cum laude
Chaminade University of Honolulu, 2000
kstepp @ ds-law.com
Katherine Stepp represents a national clientele of plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation matters. Stepp’s practice is primarily focused on toxic tort, commercial litigation, premises liability, product liability, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, oil & gas litigation, and employment litigation.
Previously, Stepp practiced with Deans & Lyons and at the Dallas office of Beirne, Maynard & Parsons. Stepp has considerable trial experience in both bench and jury trial settings. She is active in several legal and business organizations in the Dallas area.
- “Geothermal, Trespass and the Rule of Capture-A ‘Hot’ Topic”, The Energy Law Advisor, The Institute for Energy Law of the Center for American and International Law, Volume 3, No. 2-July 2009.
- Character Evidence, Subsequent Remedial Measures, and Offers of Settlement, University of Houston CLE Program, 2008
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, Bar None Production Company Committee
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Institute for Energy Law, Advisory Board Member
- The Trinity Trust Society
- Dallas Bar Association, Mock Trial Committee
- Dallas Bar Association, Peer Assistance Committee
- Dallas Bar Association, Energy Law Section, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section , Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Trial Skills Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
HONORS & AWARDS
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters (2014-2020)
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas by Thomson Reuters (2020)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2008-2014)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2017)
- “Master Advocate” Award, SMU
- Chief in Criminal Defense Clinic, SMU
- Executive Director of Moot Court Board, SMU
- Interscholastic Director of Board of Advocates, SMU
- Programs Director of Student Bar Association, SMU (2001)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class (2008)
- Higginbotham American Inn of Courts (2007 – 2008)
- Invitation to Speak at the SMU Geothermal Energy Utilization Associated with Oil & Gas Development Conference: Presenting on “Texas Precedence Regarding Trespass by Fracture, Rule of Capture & its Effect on the Geothermal Industry” (2009 – Present)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation Fellows
Our mission is to deliver the best outcomes for our clients through fierce representation and personalized attention.
Our experienced trial attorneys have successfully tried cases in Texas and nationally.
Courtney Bowline, a partner at Deans Stepp Law, has been selected to the 2020 Texas Rising Stars list. She has received the designation every year beginning in 2014.